Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey # 2) by Julie Kagawa


The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey series # 2) by Julie Kagawa
Release Date – August 1, 2010
Publisher – Harlequin Teen
Pages - 359
My Rating- 8.5/10

Here is the Goodreads synopsis

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

I was so glad that I got this book right after finishing Iron King. I am also glad I have Iron Queen waiting for me. I don’t think I could stand the wait. If you didn’t read my review of Iron King you can do so here.

I once again was sucked into the story. Julie’s descriptions are so vivid that you can picture everything perfectly. It was nice to learn more about the Winter Court. We meet Ash’s brothers Sage and Rowan. They are both as icy as Ash, and just as good looking. I loved the policies and traditions that exist within the Courts. It’s all new to Meghan so we learn along with her.

I adored all the characters again this time around. Puck is still his adorable, smirky self. I had said in my last review that I figured Puck liked Meghan. That question is answered in this book. I must say as much as I like Puck, I am Team Ash. I just see him as a better fit with Meghan.

Grim provided some humorous moments. I love that we got see him again. I really ended up loving Ironhorse in this one. His loyalty, and sense of honour were very apparent and made me like him.

Ash is still swoon worthy. As usual he played hot and cold throughout the book. I understood why he did it though. The romance between Meghan and him is seriously steamy .

I loved Meghan in the first book. I still liked her in this one. She’s loyal, brave, and not afraid to fight. There were a few times that I wanted to shake some sense into her during this book though.

We meet a few new characters in this book. Leanansidhe is an interesting character, and I have a feeling that she’ll be a big part of the next books. We learned about what happens to faery that have been banished from the Seelie/Unseelie Courts. We also meet Charles. I knew exactly how important he would be early on, and I am looking forward to what Meghan does with the information she now has.

I felt that the end of this book had a even better cliff hanger than the first one. I wasn’t expecting what happened at the end, and I am legitimately worried about a certain favourite character of mine.

The ending of the book set up the next one, and has made me want to dive into the next one and stay up all night reading. This is quickly becoming one of my favourite series and I am looking forward to continuing the journey with Meghan and her beautiful Winter Prince.

3 comments:

  1. Gah!! I have this one, but still haven't been able to read it yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team ASH! :) I love Grim too, he's awesome. Sooooo glad you liked this! I can't wait to see what you think of The Iron Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get this series. I think literally everyone has read it but me. Really great review. I'll make sure to buy all three before i start them.

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...