Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Deadly Cool


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday.

Here is the Goodreads synopsis -

Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool. But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.


When I read this synopsis I can't help but think of the movie Heathers in terms of that dark humour it has. It think this book will have that same dark humour. I enjoy a good murder mystery and this one sounds like it has plenty of suspects to keep me guessing. The cover is also pretty eye catching. I love the girl's eyes.

Expected release date - October 11th 2011.

10 comments:

  1. It sounds so very Veronica Mars esque. Love the cover!!!

    For my wow go to: http://piscesmuse.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/waiting-on-wednesday-imaginary-girls-by-nova-ren-suma/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered this book at goodreads, hehe. Sounds interesting!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! This one looks really interesting and I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. There aren't enough murder mystery books in YA! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this around a lot lately, and it sounds really good! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the cover. This one sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great choice! a beautiful cover.

    My WoW pick, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I I like this one as well and it does have a very 'cool' cover :-) Great pick!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a interesting cover!
    From your 100th follower =)
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...