Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday....Want To Go Private


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Want To Go Private by Sarah Darer Littman

Here is the Goodreads synopsis-

Abby and Luke chat online. They've never met. But they are going to. Soon.

Abby is starting high school—it should be exciting, so why doesn't she care? Everyone tells her to "make an effort," but why can't she just be herself? Abby quickly feels like she's losing a grip on her once-happy life. The only thing she cares about anymore is talking to Luke, a guy she met online, who understands. It feels dangerous and yet good to chat with Luke—he is her secret, and she's his. Then Luke asks her to meet him, and she does. But Luke isn't who he says he is. When Abby goes missing, everyone is left to put together the pieces. If they don't, they'll never see Abby again.

This sounds like an intense, gripping read. It also sounds like a very timely message that should be put out there. I can't wait to read it!

Expected release date - August 1, 2011

8 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty intense, but I tend to dislike books that increase internet paranoia. It seems like, in this day and age, a 14 year old should have been taught all the safety rules of the internet, and known better. I like the cover though, it definitely makes the book seem like it'll have some depth and intensity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. It sounds like a very intense, frightening read. I'm still deciding, but I will likely pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I got chills reading the synopsis! Sounds like a really good thriller, and you're right, it'll have a good message as well!

    Thanks for sharing!
    New Follower!

    Check out our WoW posts at http://sashandem.blogspot.com/

    -Em @ Sash & Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this one looks good! Adding it to my goodreads list now! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this sounds intense!!

    New follower here btw:)

    Come see what has us on pins and needles in our WoW. And while your there don't miss out on our 200 follower giveaway Here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seeing this book around a lot lately! Sounds interesting. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'v heard of this book and it looks really good! Great pick. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this one!!!! WAY excited- looks AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...