Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday.....The Pledge by Kimberly Derting


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

Here is the Goodreads synopsis

Words are the most dangerous weapon of all.

In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she’s spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can’t be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country’s only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.

This just sounds AWESOME. The fact that other languages are not permitted to be spoken is scary, and it sounds like a unique premise. Can't wait to read it!

Expected release date - November 15, 2011

14 comments:

  1. YES!! Super excited for this. I loved The Body Finder (still need to read Desires of the Dead, which I have. Agh!), so I'm already a fan of Kimberly's writing. I have read some mixed reviews on this, but I just love the premise. So intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one! I hope it's awesome. I love Kimberly Derting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of people have picked up this ARC, waiting to hear that it's great - cause it sounds that way!

    Our WOW pick is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to read this one! I have been hearing about it for months and each time I wish for the ARC!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to start this one!!! I got an eGalley! So excited! Great choice!

    My Wow Post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have this one pre-ordered and cannot wait. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got this through the S&S galley grab!

    Here's my WOW: http://goldiloxandthethreeweres.blogspot.com/

    (Check out the giveaway!)

    Goldilox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! I love this cover, I really want to read this!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited to read this one! I love Kimberly Derting. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover, Can't wait to get my hands on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and lovely share and this book sound great . Nice review..Register a Domain

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed to read this blog. It's great topic. all the points are explained very clearly.

    website hostings

    ReplyDelete
  13. First time I read you post and I enjoy the reading!!
    Hosting Service

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great data and incredible post. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here from time to time.
    Zenyataa shoes

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...