Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday...Hemlock

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock



Here is the Goodreads synopsis

Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.

Since then, Mac’s life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s killer: A white werewolf.

Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy’s boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.

Kathleen Peacock’s thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spellbinding urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love.

A murder mystery, werewolves, and what sounds like some swoon worthy guys. I can't wait to read this one. Plus, the cover is so pretty!

Expected release date - May 8, 2012

7 comments:

  1. Oh, what a long wait! It sounds completely tantalizing.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my WOW pick a few weeks ago. I really like the sound of it. Great choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the new ways authors spin werewolf mythology, so I can't wait to read this! And um. Yeah. Murder mystery and swoony guys? Is it May yet? Is it May yet? Is it May yet?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love that cover so much! And I love werewolf stories, so this sounds awesome! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one looks so good! I love the cover too!

    stop by my wow?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Werewolves aren't my FAVORITE paranormal critters, but I'm so filled up with excitement for this one. I just love the sound of this one.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...