Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Boyfriends!

                              

It's time for another post highlighting some of those delicious boys in books that make us swoon. Here are six that I am swooning over now.


Noah Shaw 

Where you can find him - The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Why he is swoon worthy - His British accent comes to mind. Oh, and the fact that he's gorgeous, has a 'bad boy' attitude, and enough charm to captivate ANYONE.

Favourite Quote -

“What would you do if I kissed you right now?"

I stared at his beautiful face and his beautiful mouth and I wanted nothing more than to taste it. "I would kiss you back.”



Cricket Bell

Where you can find him - Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Why he is swoon worthy - He's sweet, caring, and adorakably cute. He's the type of guy that will give his girl the stars and the moon. His willingness to wait for Lola makes everyone swoon.

Favourite Quote -

“Once upon a time, there was a girl who talked to the moon. And she was mysterious and she was perfect, in that way that girls who talk to moons are. In the house next door, there lived a boy. And the boy watched the girl grow more and more perfect, more and more beautiful with each passing year. He watched her watch the moon. And he began to wonder if the moon would help him unravel the mystery of the beautiful girl. So the boy looked into the sky. But he couldn't concentrate on the moon. He was too distracted by the stars. And it didn't matter how many songs or poems had already been written about them, because whenever he thought about the girl, the stars shone brighter. As if she were the one keeping them illuminated.

One day, the boy had to move away. He couldn't bring the girl with him, so he brought the stars. When he'd look out his window at night, he would start with one. One star. And the boy would make a wish on it, and the wish would be her name.

At the sound of her name, a second star would appear. And then he'd wish her name again, and the stars would double into four. And four became eight, and eight became sixteen, and so on, in the greatest mathematical equation the universe had ever seen. And by the time an hour had passed, the sky would be filled with so many stars that it would wake the neighbors. People wondered who'd turned on the floodlights.

The boy did. By thinking about the girl.”


Four

Where you can find him - Divergent by Veronica Roth

Why he is swoon worthy - A little rough and capable of taking care of himself. The hottest thing about him is that he doesn't handle Tris with kid gloves. He wants to push her and have her take care of herself, yet he can be protective too.

Favourite Quote -

"My first instinct is to push you until you break, just to see how hard I have to press." he says, his fingers squeezing at the word break. My body tenses at the edge in his voice, so I am coiled as tight as a spring, and I forget to breathe.

His dark eyes lifting to mine, he adds, "But I resist it."

"Why..." I swallow hard. "Why is that your first instinct?"

"Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up. I've seen it. It's fascinating." He releases me but doesn't pull away, his hand grazing my jaw, my neck. "Sometimes I just want to see it again. Want to see you awake.”



Vincent Delacroix

Where you can find him - Die For Me by Amy Plum

Why he is swoon worthy - He speaks French. Enough said right? If that didn't tempt you he also happens to be incredibly romantic, and protective.

Favourite Quote-

“I have to warn you that my bedroom isn't the best place to stage an assault on me. It's where I'm at my weakest, with my bed a mere twenty feet away.”




Bram Griswold

Where you can find him - Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel

Why he is swoon worthy - He's a true gentleman, and happens to be a soldier too! He's caring, patient and incredibly sweet with Nora.

Favourite Quote-

"The fact that she made this beeline for me both warmed my soul and made me want to turn around, walk out the door, and find a cliff to fling myself off of.”




Etienne St Clair

Where you can find him - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Why he is swoon worthy - His sense of humour, the accent, his ability to be both adorable and frustrating at the same time. There's also his willingness to overcome his fears for the one he loves.

Favourite Quote -

“I'm a little distracted by this English French American Boy Masterpiece.”  *Ok, so he doesn't say it, but it's about him.*




I am looking forward to meeting a whole new batch of sexy book hotties with the 2012 releases, and meeting back up with some favourites as well. 

Who are your book hotties? Leave it in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. omg, I loved Vincent in Die for me!!! he was very VERY swoonworthy.

    I ♥ Patch from the Hush Hush Series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash from the iron fey <3 swwooon

    ReplyDelete
  3. *SWOON* I WOULD KISS YOU BACK TOO, NOAH. Actually, I'd do more than kiss, but let's not get into the technical details :D Oh my gosh... and Cricket. That little story. Honestly. IS HE TRYING TO KILL US BY MELTED HEARTS?!

    OH GOD. I'M READING FURTHER DOWN. AND EVERY QUOTE YOU KEEP MAKING ME DIE A LITTLE MORE. Four!! Vincent!! Bram!! Etienne!!!

    Wait... yup, it's official. *IS DEAD*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list Kat! Book boys rock. My fave is Magnus Bane! My least fave is Nate, Tessa's brother from Clockwork Angel. What a royal sellout. I hate him more than de Quincey right now!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...