Saturday, March 17, 2012

What I Love This Week...

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOK

cover of Velveteen by Daniel Marks


GASP! Have you seen this yet? I love this cover. It's gothic, creepy and it fits the synopsis perfectly. Seriously LOVE it. It's one of my DYING to get my hands on books and this cover has made me want to have it even more. I love that splash of pink against the dark image. It makes it stand out and will certainly be eye catching on shelves at book stores.

2013 Books That I am excited for

There are two titles that keep catching my eye.

Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook

This is being described as a Bonnie and Clyde type story. The Goodreads synopsis mentions Las Vegas and two desperate teenagers. Love the sound of this and I expect it'll be a little heartbreaking as well have some great action.
Two teenagers who, in search of a better life, run away to Vegas, but realize they can't run fast enough when they end up wanted by the police, out of money, and out of options, pitched as a YA Bonnie and Clyde
Sweet Nothings by Sarah Beth Durst

Just read this Goodreads synopsis
About a teen in the paranormal witness protection program, who, haunted by dreams of carnival tents and tarot cards, must remember her past and why she has strange abilities before a magic-wielding serial killer hunts her down.
Paranormal witness protection? Carnival tents? Magic wielding serial killer? AWESOME! It sound like it could be creepy and I am so curious about this carnival she keeps dreaming about.

What are you obsessed with this week?

3 comments:

  1. That cover is down right creepy lol
    Janiera @This is From my Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSSSSSSS. You know I love it. I know you love it. But it needs to be said again - sooo adore the Velveteen cover! It just feels so FRESH compared to the other covres out there. Love the dark, creepy vibe and it feels so true to the story. Which sounds AMAZING.

    Sooo excited for Nobody But Us and Sweet Nothings. Bonnie & clyde and paranormal witness protection program? SO. FREAKING. COOL.

    Damn you for making me extra excited for all this :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. the new book of sarah beth durst sounds freaking awesome

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...