Friday, February 8, 2013

Weekly Obsession


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Tarnish by Katherine Longshore

I was extremely lucky to get an ARC of this. I immediately had to devour it. It's everything I hoped it would be and more. Anne Boleyn is such an iconic figure, and Katherine Longshore captures her the way I invision she was - intelligent, quick witted and progressive.

It also has a shiny new cover


While I miss Anne on the cover, this is one just so pretty. There is something about it's simple elegance that stands out. I hear that Gilt's paperback is also getting a new cover to match, so I can't wait to see it! Be sure to add it to your Goodreads shelf.

ARCs for The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

The people behind the Bloomsbury twitter tweeted the following picture


Causing me to freak out! This means it is that much closer to me actually reading this. Very excited. I love the simple look of the ARCs too, but do wish they had that awesome cover that was revealed recently. If you haven't checked out the synopsis yet, be sure to check out Goodreads.

The cover of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black


Not sure what exactly draws me to this cover. It's certainly eye catching, and I love faint vein like lines that can be seen around the title. I don't know a whole lot other than the Goodreads synopsis but it sounds awesome. Very much looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.

TV

Once Upon A Time

It's back!!! I get to watch a new episode this Sunday. I am really looking forward to the following Sunday's episode titled 'Manhattan' but am just glad to have it back. Hiatus are not fun, especially when you are eagerly awaiting some EPIC reveals. Sigh...hurry up next Sunday.

OTHER


Book Expo America (Children's Author Breakfast)

I immediately purchased a ticket to this when I heard Veronica Roth would be one of the guest speakers. I am looking forward to finding out who the Master of Ceremonies is. May seems both so close and so far away. I am beyond excited.

Ottawa Book Blogger Meet Up

SUNDAY! It is this Sunday! I am pretty excited and can't wait to share my recap on Monday. Everything is almost ready and

So what are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...