Saturday, June 22, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Tampa by Alissa Nutting

I have to admit I am super curious about this one. Just read the Goodreads synopsis. It's being called a female narrated Lolita, and that immediately piqued my interest. Is it controversial? OF COURSE. It's supposed to make you uncomfortable, and repulsed. It sounds like one of those books that will invoke strong opinions, and that excites me. I love novels that make you think, feel, and yes, even squirm a little. Needless to say, I am most likely going to check this one out. I might see what others thing first, because there is a potential for this to be a bit of a mess, but something tells me it's going to be an intense, and well written read.

cover of Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge



I.Can't.Even. This cover is so pretty. It's one of those covers you immediately want to hang on your walls because it's so striking. The synopsis also sounds amazing. If you follow my blog you're well aware of my fairytale obsession, so this seems perfect.

TV

Friday Night Lights

If you haven't watched this incredible series, please do it immediately. I LOVE it so much. I am hoping to binge the rest of the series that I have left really soon.

OTHER

Vacation Dreaming

As usual, I tend to start day dreaming about vacation this time of year. Sadly I won't be going on any kind of vacation until after BEA 2014 but that doesn't mean I am not already in planning mode. I am debating either Disney World again, Los Angeles/Las Vegas trip, or perhaps even going to Europe again (I have been dying to to go to Italy). Each of them have huge drawing points, and I am in full research mode.

So what are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...