Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Cover of Jenny Han's To All The Boys I've Loved Before


Cute, and a fun sounding (seriously, read the synopsis) contemporary. Pretty sure the main character is going to be awesome, and I love the tones/colours used for the cover.

Cover of Lauren DeStefano's Perfect Ruin


Lauren's covers usually offer major clues to the plot of the novels. I love the synopsis of this Utopian novel and can't wait to read my copy. The cover is eye catching, and I expect is offers a few hidden clues about what is in store for the characters.

TV

Friday Night Lights

This is a running theme, obviously. If you haven't met Tim Riggins, Matt Saracen, and the Taylors - YOU NEED TO FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY. It's one of those shows that inspires you to write, but at the same time, makes you realize you will never write something that beautiful EVER. I've become so invested in these characters that the littlest things make me cry. If you've been putting off watching this, DO IT!

Dexter

The final season of Dexter starts this Sunday. It's strange, but I am going to have a hard time saying goodbye to Dex, Deb, and the rest. I hope Deb finally finds a happy ending. I hope little Harrison ends up safe and loved (whatever happens to Dexter). A part of me even hopes for a happy ending for Dexter himself (even if unrealistic).

OTHER

Secret Blog Things

So Christy (from The Reader Bee), Kelly (from KellyVision) and I are working on something that I think is pretty awesome. Details are coming soon and expect the first installment of this new feature to take place in August. I am really looking forward to this!

So what are you obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

  1. Yay, another FNL fan!! I have always said, it is the small moments between the characters we've come to know and love that make this show so great, and try to remember that in my own writing. It's a great lesson, I think.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...