Saturday, November 16, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

A smaller obsessions post this week! Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOK
Cover and synopsis of Sublime by Christina Lauren



This one totally took me by surprise. I hadn't heard anything about it, and the big announcement created a lot of buzz. After reading the awesome synopsis I immediately ran to add it to my Goodreads account. Seriously, read this amazing sounding synopsis
Sublime is the story of two teens, Lucy and Colin, who fall in love, but the the problem is … Lucy's a ghost.

Slowly, she begins to remember more about her life and death as daredevil Colin take himself to the edge of death where their realities overlap so he can be physically closer to Lucy.

Lucy starts to wonder if she's Colin's salvation or the means of his demise.
A different take on the ghost falling for a living person thing. I am curious about how Colin is a daredevil and what he does in order to be closer to Lucy. Either way, I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on this. Oh, and that cover? I like it... A LOT!

The Merciless by Danielle Vega

The Penguin Summer catalog came out. Naturally I looked at all the upcoming titles to see which ones would grab my interest. I immediately had this amazing synopsis catch my eye
Forgive us, Father, for we have sinned

Brooklyn Stevens sits in a pool of her own blood, tied up and gagged. No one outside of these dank basement walls knows she’s here. No one can hear her scream.

Sofia Flores knows she shouldn’t have gotten involved. When she befriended Riley, Grace, and Alexis on her first day at school, she admired them, with their perfect hair and their good-girl ways. They said they wanted to save Brooklyn. They wanted to help her. Sofia didn’t realize they believed Brooklyn was possessed.

Now, Riley and the girls are performing an exorcism on Brooklyn—but their idea of an exorcism is closer to torture than salvation. All Sofia wants is to get out of this house. But there is no way out. Sofia can’t go against the other girls . . . unless she wants to be next. . . .

In this chilling debut, Danielle Vega delivers blood-curdling suspense and terror on every page. By the shockingly twisted end, readers will be faced with the most haunting question of all: Is there evil in all of us?
So, obviously, The Merciless is high up on my 2014 wishlist at this point. I am sure there are other books that handle this topic, but this sounds so fresh from what is currently out there. I basically NEED this NOW! The part about the shockingly twisted ending? YES! YES! YES!

Ghost House by Alexandra Adornetto

I know next to nothing about this novel. All I needed to hear was Gothic Romance and I was in. I can't wait to find out more though because that title...I LOVE ghost stories.

OTHER

Lauren Oliver coming to Ottawa

Lauren Oliver will be at one of the public libraries here in Ottawa on Monday. I am beyond excited that Ottawa is FINALLY getting some events and I am looking forward to going to listen to Lauren talk about her books.

So what are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...