Saturday, January 4, 2014

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOK

That Monstrous Thing by Amanda Panitch

A new book deal was announced that caught my attention. The deal announcement provided the following description
pitched in the vein of a YA Gone Girl, about a girl who survived her twin brother's murderous rampage only to discover that her dark secret survived as well.
Immediately I was intrigued. I adored Gone Girl, and I am very much looking forward to learning more about this novel. It's set for Spring 2015 release, so there is still a ways to go before anything gets revealed. It is available to add on Goodreads now however, if you wish.

MOVIE/TV

Breaking Bad

So Kelly (from Kellyvision) told me I had to watch this show. I ended up recording the entire series during a holiday marathon that AMC had. I am currently on season 4 and am HOOKED. It's emotional, and you want to save some of these characters from themselves. The downward spiral of Walter White is hard to watch, and each episode fills me with anxiety.

Penny Dreadful

A new TV show from Showtime that is being called 'a frightening psychological thriller that weaves together classic horror origin stories' (according to Showtime's website). It seems to include Frankenstein, Dracula, and Dorian Gray. I've seen it called Once Upon A Time for horror stories, and that immediately grabbed my interest. I am not sure when in 2014 this premieres, but I am excited to check it out.

So what are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...