Friday, April 4, 2014

TV Talk with Kelly - Bates Motel


As you may know Kelly, from Kellyvision, and I are doing TV recaps. We recapped American Horror Story: Coven on her blog, and now we're recapping Bates Motel (season 2) on mine. Please note, this is more our reactions/thoughts than a true recap, and obviously there will be SPOILERS!

Kelly is everything in blue, and I am the other colour (is it brown? Whatever it is).

**********************************************************************************************************

BATES MOTEL - Season 2, episode 4 - Check Out

Emma doesn’t remember anything that happened I am guessing? Poor girl. I am hoping nothing happened or else that guy is an ass.


That is really not okay. Poor Emma.


So Dylan took the news about as good as expected. He’s passed out drunk, and has puked everywhere. Not attractive. I am happy Emma went to get Norman though. He’ll help. Better him than Norma I expect.


Oh, so much better than Norma. She would hardcore freak out.


“Did something happen to him?” Yes, Emma. Something did. It would be totally awkward to have that conversation.


Can you imagine trying to explain that? "My uncle raped our mom and it turns out that he's my brother's dad. I knew the first part of that, but Dylan didn't. And neither of us knew the second part until last night. Sooooooo..."


I bet Norma is feeling guilty about this, and she shouldn’t. It sucks for Dylan, but Norma is a victim too. This is such a ‘Mom’ moment. I can sometimes buy that she actual loves her sons.


Agreed. I absolutely understand her desire to keep that a secret.


Norma, what the hell are you going to do? I am almost certain it is nothing good. I am sure it also involves seeing your brother. I love that she leaves the hotel in the hands of two teenagers though. Like, seriously? They are 16 at best.


I would trust Emma. She's essentially a complete grownup...recent behavior notwithstanding.


Aww. Dylan thinks that everyone knew but him. That is probably the worst feeling. ‘We’re all the same people we were yesterday’.... Oh, Norman. No, no Dylan is not. Dylan is forever changed. Does Dylan know about the father and that Norman killed him? Because he basically threw it, passive aggressively, in Norman’s face.


Dylan hasn't changed, but at the same time a major shift has happened. His dad isn't who he thought and to top it off, he's a product of incest and rape.


He does, but I'm wondering if there isn't a secret Dylan knows that we don't.


Oh, Emma. You do not want to know this. Trust me. Norman is smart not to tell her I think. It’s really Dylan’s to tell, if you ask me.


Agreed. It is absolutely Dylan's story to tell.


I want nothing more than for Dylan to punch Caleb in the face. Of course, Caleb is trying to make excuses. At least Dylan got the money back. Poor guy. Also, did you want more out of this conversation? I kind of did.


I did. I also want Caleb to die.


Poor Norma. This has to be rough, and she is not taking this well. Norman, are you serious? You’re upset that she never told you. He is smart though. Trying to get info out of her. Didn’t work, but still. I think he suspects something now because of what Dylan said.


Why in the world would she tell Norman? This conversation was so creepy.


This scene is…..um…. creepy. It’s totally teasing the inappropriate mother/son feel. Maybe I am just reading into it because we know?


No, not just you. :)


Norma’s BFF is kind of pushy. She has a few good points, but don’t push someone into going out when they don’t want to.


There are friends who can do that, but you need to know them much longer. New BFF is overstepping.


Norman is trying to find out where Caleb is staying. Bye, Caleb... basically. You’re dead.


I hope so!


‘Don’t make this harder on me than it already is’ Yes, Dylan, I would laugh too. I think Norma is not seeing that Dylan’s just had his life totally turned upside down.


I think Norma sees things first in how they affect her.


I really like Freddie Highmore in this. I’ve said it before, and will most likely say it 100 thousands more times.


They cast the show perfectly.


Does Norman seen a little jealous of his mother’s  ‘date’?


Yes. Very much so.


Cody wants to beat up Caleb with Norman? Oh, I predict this going VERY badly.


I still don't like her.


Emma is sweet. I like her. Also, I am relieved that this new guy is not a jerkface. She seems pretty smitten. Norma’s new man is also pretty great. I like him (for now).


I do like both of them but, like you, I definitely reserve the right to change my mind.


So Cody is pretty hardcore. I bet anything Norman kills Caleb. I am pretty sure Cody has no clue what Norman actually is like, and it’s not going to end well. Oh, good. I am actually relieved that Norman knew enough to leave. Part of me wants Caleb to die though.


All of me wants Caleb to die.


Aww. Emma is my favourite, and she makes me sad. She wants a special first time, as it might be her only time. :(


It made me sad, too.


Dylan is moving. Not surprised. Dylan is really hurt by this. He asked her why she even had him. I like this talk they are having though. They both really need it. Norman is hearing this though, and I bet he goes back to the hotel Caleb is staying it. Maybe, Dylan will. He seems upset enough.


Do you think he'll really move?


Oh, Norman. This will not end well. Run away. I worry for you after you do this.


‘We need to talk’. Haha. Oh, Norman.


He’s totally going to snap and kill Caleb. Oh My God! He’s switched into Norma. Freddie Highmore is SO good in this scene though. SO good.


Agreed. How freaky was this scene? It was just perfect and unsettling.


So Cody knows about his fugue states. I think she is going to be bad for him. I think she’s going to help his descent into becoming what we know as Psycho Norman.

Agreed. I don't trust her at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...