Saturday, July 5, 2014

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week.

BOOK

Cover of Red Queen by Victoria Averyard (goodreads)


Stunning right? Potential favourite cover of the year material. It's simple, and so completely different than any of the covers out there. I am basically in love. The colour design and that bright splash of red blood immediately draw your attention and it pretty much screams for out to pick up this book.

I Was Here by Gayle Forman (goodreads)



I love this cover. It fits with what I would expect for a Gayle Forman cover. I was much more excited about the synopsis that was released. It's intriguing and has me wanting to read this novel even more than I did before.
Cody and Meg were inseparable.
Two peas in a pod.
Until . . . they weren’t anymore.

When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.

I Was Here is Gayle Forman at her finest, a taut, emotional, and ultimately redemptive story about redefining the meaning of family and finding a way to move forward even in the face of unspeakable loss.
Amazing right? I am counting down the days until I will get to read this.

OTHER

Travel plans

I have some travel plans coming up! I am going to be visiting Toronto in August and am really looking forward to it. It's already shaping up to be a fun trip and will be a nice break at just the right time.

I am also going to Las Vegas in September! It should also be fun, but slightly more busy as my schedule is packed for that trip. I've never been so I am curious to see it for myself.

What are you obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...