Saturday, October 4, 2014

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

Cover of Joy Preble's Finding Paris (Goodreads)


I love every single thing about this cover. Everything. I need this book in my life as soon as possible. The synopsis sounds amazing, and this cover just cemented my book love.

Cover of Joyride by Anna Banks (Goodreads)


This is such a fun cover. It's sweet and really fits the synopsis of the book. Anything described as Bonnie and Clyde meets Pretty In Pink will immediately pique my interest, so this is another one of those books that I am very excited to get my hands. It sounds like it'll be a fun read, and one that has the potential to be super adorable.

Victoria Schwab's New Series

Let the flailing begin because this series sounds AMAZING! The first book in the series is called Monster, and it's being called (by Victoria) Sin City + Romeo and Juliet + monsters. If that doesn't make you immediately want to read it, check out the amazing synopsis...
Monster tells the story of a teen boy and girl who never should have met, since their fathers are rival leaders of a divided city where violence breeds literal monsters. Conspiracies and betrayals send the teens on the run for their lives, but together, they could become each other's worst nightmare.
Given the fact that Victoria's novels are always amazing, I have REALLY high hopes for this one. I NEED IT.

Cover of Marie Rut The Winner's Crime (Goodreads)


I ADORE these covers. I really do love the second book's cover. The blue colouring of her dress, and the dagger now taking a more prominent spot on the cover. I have been hearing amazing things about the book itself, and I cannot wait to read it.

TV/MOVIE

Gone Girl movie

It's finally here! You can go see Gone Girl at your local cinema now! If you devoured the book I am happy to report that you will love this movie. It's a faithful, incredible adaptation that is filled with amazing performances. Rosamund Pike is stunning as Amy. Ben Affleck was perfectly cast as Nick. The secondary cast was just as delightful, in particular Neil Patrick Harris as Desi Collins. I intend to see it again before it leaves theaters, and urge you to do the same.

What are you obsessed with this week?

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh, The Winner's Crime! I just read the excerpt and now I'm left wanting more! Totally agree about the cover~

    I never heard of Finding Paris or Joyride, but hands up for anything to do with Paris! After Anna and the French Kiss, I'm practically obsessed with France! Haha. :)

    Thanks for sharing~
    Cindy @ In This World of Books..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for The Winner's Crime! The Winner's Curse was close to perfection and I feel like it can only go up from here! :)

    And yes, Gone Girl was pretty good. The casting was spot on in my opinion.
    Amber Elise @Du Livre

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...