Saturday, November 8, 2014

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

Cover of Anne and Henry by Dawn Ius (goodreads)


Super cute right? I helped reveal the cover and think it's fun and eye catching! I love the idea of a modernized version of the story of Anne Boleyn and King Henry, too. I think it's going to be a really interesting read.

As I Descended by Robin Talley (goodreads)

Kelly (from Kellyvision) and I were just discussing that when people do a retelling of Shakespeare it's normally Romeo and Juliet. We expressed how badly we wanted a Macbeth retelling and the book gods listened because Harper Collins is giving us one!

As I Descended is...
a retelling of Macbeth set at a contemporary Virginia boarding school. It centers around a lesbian couple who set out to dethrone the school's resident Mean Girl, only to find themselves struggling to hang onto their sanity and their lives when they accidentally summon a trio of brutal, manipulative ghosts. 
Sounds amazing right? I basically need this book immediately. It doesn't come out until 2016 though.

TV/MOVIE

Into The Woods trailer


I love this trailer. This is the first time we're hearing the singing part of this musical and I am REALLY excited now. I cannot wait to go see this. I am hoping Boxing Day with some friends.

OTHER

Christmas shopping (and other Christmas stuff)

I've officially started my Christmas shopping. I already have 5 people done (my three nieces included) and hope to be done early this year.

I am also taking part in the Secret Santa thing hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Last year was a lot of fun so I am excited to go shopping for that. The Ottawa bloggettes are also hosting a holiday celebration and I am excited to shop for my person for that gift exchange.

I am even looking forward to Christmas music. Everything is still shiny, and happy and magical (ask me again mid December) so I am loving it. I am also loving that there is basically candy cane EVERYTHING right now.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...