Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Bookish Survey


Jamie, from The Perpetual Page Turner, started this and it's turned into a super fun annual thing. Here are my answers to the BOOKISH SURVEY OF 2014! Thanks for posting again, Jamie!

2014 Reading Stats 

Number Of Books You Read: 122 books
Number of Re-Reads: Zero, actually
Genre You Read The Most From: A mixture, but heavier on the non contemporary

Best in Books 

1. Best Book You Read In 2014? Can I just link to my BEST OF 2014 post?

2. Book You Were Excited About And Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? 
Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes. I did not expect THAT when I picked up this particular book.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014? Famous In Love by Rebecca Serle (if talking one I've read this year) and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (if talking not read this year).

5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014? 

Best series started - The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Best Sequel - Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas (still scarred from that one)
Best Series Ender - The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014? Emery Lord, I think.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? None that I can think of.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins were both one sitting reads for me.

9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? Toss up between Isla and the Happily Ever After and The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014? The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.

11. Most memorable character of 2014? Jude and Noah from I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014? Either The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson, or We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014? Hmmm....I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson, maybe.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry. Pretty sure I was the last person to read this book.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014? 

I have four that stood out, and I could put SO many more...

First from Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins....

'I'm...getting there. I', beginning to think that maybe it's okay to be a blank canvas. Maybe it's okay that my future is unknown. And maybe," I say with another smile, "it's okay to be inspired by the people who do know their future." "It goes both ways, you know." I link his icicle fingers through mine. "What does?" "Artists are inspired by blank canvases." My smile groes wider.'

Next from Open Road Summer by Emery Lord....

'His eyes are between gray and blue, and his hair is somewhere between brown and blond, and I am somewhere between hostile and attracted.'

From The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.....

"He could never use you. you own him. You should've seen the way he was look at you while you were out." I smile a little "How?" "Like you're the ocean and he's desperate to drown."

Lastly, from Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas

"....and then I am going to rattle the stars"

There were seriously some great quotes from books this year!

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013? 

Shortest - Just One Night by Gayle Forman at 40 pages
Longest - After by Anna Todd at 592 pages

17. Book That Shocked You The Most Anatomy of a Misfit. OUT OF NOWHERE. Possibly We Were Liars as well.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) Kestrel and Arin from The Winner's Curse, or Dorian and Celaena from the Throne of Glass series.

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year Jude and Noah from I'll Give You The Sun, or Sloane and Emily from Since You've Been Gone.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously Brazen by Katherine Longshore or The Vanishing Season from Jodi Lynn Anderson.

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: Open Road Summer by Emery Lord

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014? Jordan from Famous In Love, and Oscar from I'll Give You The Sun. *swoon*

23. Best 2014 debut you read? Either Open Road Summer by Emery Lord, or Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? Exquisite Captive, and The Fall by Bethany Griffin.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? Morgan Matson's Since You've Been Gone.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014? Brazen by Katherine Longshore, and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year? Brazen by Katherine Longshore. Read it, everyone. SO GOOD.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? See #26. Both those books crushed me, and I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson as well.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014? Toss up between The Unfinished Life by Addison Stone and Love Letters To The Dead. Both had unique narration styles. Love Letters To The Dead is entirely in letter format and The Unfinished Life is a fictional account of one of those true crime shows in novel format.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? All The Rage by Courtney Summers. I liked it, but the anger was real. I had to vent. It was wonderful though.

Your Blogging/Bookish Life 

1. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014? Attending BEA again and getting to see all the lovely bookish people I've chatted with online in person.

2. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? Etsy in general is a hidden gem of bookish delights. You can find so many things. My favourite are art prints of book quotes. It's a bit of a rabbit hole when you start going down though and a complete time drainer, but so worth it.

3. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? The only challenge I took part in is the Goodreads challenge and I was able to complete it.

 Looking Ahead 

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015? The Kiss of Deception by Mary E Pearson and Marie Lu's The Young Elites

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)? Finding Paris by Joy Preble or A Court Of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas.

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard or Anne and Henry by Dawn Ius

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015? Truly, Madly, Famously by Rebecca Serle

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015? Every year I say the same thing and every year I suck. I want to comment on more blogs.

6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: The Winner's Crime (sequel to The Winner's Curse).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...