Friday, March 20, 2015

TV Talk With Kelly - Bates Motel, Season 3, Episode 2


You may recall that Kelly from Kellyvision and I 'recapped' Bates Motel season two on my blog. We loved doing it so much we are going to do it again for season three. You can expect these to be up on Fridays for the most part (unless we're delayed).

This isn't really a recap, more just our reactions as we watch the show. There is totally going to be SPOILERS so maybe don't read until you've watched the episode. If you haven't watched it our notes may not make a whole lot of sense anyway but still SPOILERS!

My notes are marked by this colour and Kelly's have her initials by them and are in blue.

Bates Motel - Season 3 - Episode 2 - The Arcanum Club

Episode two! Let’s see how Norma ignores the obvious this week.


KH: Norma and the window shade! Love it.


Norma is trying to find the now missing lady. This cannot end well. She is going to accuse Norman isn’t she?


Hahaha ‘to show you that you received it but there was no charge’ I HAVE THAT EXACT CONVERSATION SO MANY TIMES AT WORK. Also, I love Emma.


Norman is doing his taxidermy. I am guessing this means bad things. I love Norma’s reaction to the fact he’s keeping dead animals in their freezer and Norman’s ‘Well, get me a freezer down here then’. Haha. She’s thinly veiling asking him questions, huh? Do you think she suspects him already?


KH: ewwww, Team Norma there. Dead animals do not belong in the freezer. And I love that she's still concerned about the window shade.


Oh, Norman you lying liar. She is not fine. I am pretty sure he killed her. Or knows something. It could be that I am just very suspicious of Norman.


Ugh, why did you let him stay Dylan? Ugh.


KH: if Caleb doesn't end up dead, I'm going to be so mad!


So, if Norma didn’t have suspicions before she does now. Emma just told her they were together last, so she’s obviously going to jump to conclusions.


KH: is she suspicious or pissed that he's hanging with a cute lady?  (Ohhhhh, sounds like both.) I love the faces Norma's making.


Norma asking Norman some tough questions (finally). ‘You can’t keep getting into cars with questionable women’. Oh, Norma. These ‘questionable’ women are the least of your worries. She’s trying to pin it on THEM though. They are attracted to Norman. They are causing the issues. Sorry Norma, that’s all NORMAN!


Oh! I didn’t even pick up on the fact that he said ‘was’. Norma did though!


KH: I didn't either!! Well done, Norma! God, she is just defeated. Poor Norma.


You can tell she thinks her son did this and she’s flustered and broken and just DONE.


KH: Caleb with a gun is bad news. I hope he shot the scary dog.


Caleb is the worst. UGH!


KH: Oh, Norman, we're all worried about you. But YAY for dating Emma! Norms doesn't seem okay but at least she isn't "questionable." I am totally going to start using that when I'm being bitchy about people. THIS IS THE BEST! Haha.


Yes, YAY for dating Emma, but Norman, things are not okay. Sorry. Also, Norma and her ‘questionable women’. Haha. At least we know Norman’s version of mother isn’t that far off.


So while this a commercial… I was thinking do we want them to give us a season that is Psycho? Like the movie basically in TV season format? I kind of want that. As much as I would miss Vera Farmiga I kind of want that payoff in the end. I want to see Freddie Highmore tackle that part. I want the final shot of him sitting in the police station, ya know?


KH: I would love that. And we'd still have her; he sees Mother, so we'd have Mother-Norma, not Norma-Norma. It'd have to be final season, probably but Psycho 2 would be good, too. Excellent sequel.


Emma, if you only knew why they are worried.


KH: I can see how ramen would be a bad date food.


KH: OMG, Emma, you TOTALLY tell Norma everything!


She really does!


Dylan is just always surrounded by shady people. If it makes it out of this show alive it’ll be because of pure luck, not any kind of survival instinct on his part. Oh, geez. They shot this guy’s dog.


KH: He's so scary! OMG IT'S OPIE FROM SONS OF ANARCHY.


Hahah, ‘have you thought of looking in her room?’ Why, no they haven’t Emma because that would be LOGICAL. Also, Norma is a little busy freaking out because she thinks Norman killed the ‘questionable’ lady.


OMG! This girl’s room is like 50 Shades of Grey.


KH: RIGHT?! Welcome to my adult shop, says the questionable lady.


I kind of want Norma and Romero to date! He has really pretty eyes.


KH: ME TOO! I love them.


Except every single time she gets a boyfriend I am going to be like “IS NORMAN GOING TO KILL HER NOW?!”


KH: I know! Like, is this what sets him off?


KH: ...well, that was awkward.


You can see Norma struggling to say goodbye. He made her feel safe! Awww.


Oh, you’ll see a different side to Norman for sure, Emma. Sadly, it’s not one that is going to make you want to keep dating him.


Interesting. Emma is asking him directly if he feels bad after sex. This is a conversation that perhaps Norman should be having with a therapist.


KH: agreed. "We're just close." No, honey. Close isn't it.


Emma is perceptive and smart. She is almost better than a therapist.


‘Do you want to be Peter Pan?’ ‘Maybe, if you’ll be Wendy’ STOP! I cannot with the cute! Also, Emma’s brazen flirting right there? LOVE IT. She’s a woman who knows what she wants.


KH: I LOVED THAT! They're so sweet and then questionably not-sweet. (I am not letting that go.)


KH: Oh crapballs, Norma's going to an Eyes Wide Shut party.


Norma is about to meet a whole lot of ‘questionable’ women.


KH: Norma's going questionable herself.


Caleb comes on the screen and I legit scream “DIE ALREADY”.


KH: right? Why hasn't Norman killed you yet?


Um, this guy doesn’t even have a dog? What? Huh? Also, DYLAN STOP MAKING PEOPLE WANT TO KILL YOU! He just told him that they shot his dog. That could have pissed him off.


KH: that is a lot of guns. A LOT. Opie is so scary now.


Shut up, Caleb. SHUT UP! Why are you antagonizing the scary man? If Dylan dies because of you…..


KH: creeper.


HAHA! Romero is at this party. I am laughing so hard.


Norma telling Romero is actually a smart thing. Maybe not if Norman killed her, BUT still….


KH: "She's a really lovely, lovely girl. I'm just afraid that she might be dead." That cracked me up.


What happened to ‘questionable’ Norma?! Haha. Now she’s lovely.


KH: oh Lord, Norma. Just don't get caught.


KH: I love Norma. Love her.


Oh, you’re worried about Norma are you Norman? That is kind of hilarious. Have you been paying attention the last 2 years?


EEEP! THIS CANNOT NOT BE GOOD! Of course it ends there. Of course it does.


KH: oh shit. Hi, Annika.


I get chills every time they show the preview where Norma is screaming “You’re going to kill me, Norman” CHILLS.


KH: same.


So I am not convinced Norman killed her. I say I am but really, I think it’s too easy. I think it is what they want us to think. I thought that with Blair Watson too though.


KH: also same. I mean, maybe...and he does dump people in the swamp but...I don't buy it.

I just feel like they are leading us to that conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...