Saturday, March 14, 2015

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Extremely small Weekly Obsessions post this week.

BOOKS

Cover for Winter by Marissa Meyer (Goodreads)


I've been waiting for Winter since it was announced that it was Snow White inspired. I couldn't wait to see what the cover would look like and had a feeling that it was going to be my favourite out of all the novels. The cover is STUNNING! I love it (and it is my favourite). The brief tease that was in the Fairest novel has made me sure that Jacin and Winter are my favourite couple from this series. All signs to this also being my favourite book! Can it be November already?!

MOVIE/TV

Cinderella (live action movie)

A magical, delightful adaptation that is so very like the classic cartoon while making it all it's own. The visual elements were stunning and the casting was perfect. Lily James is goodness and light as Cinderella, and Richard Madden is entirely swoon worthy as Kit (aka Prince Charming). If you're a fan of Disney, or Cinderella in general, this is one you won't want to miss.

L.A. Crime (pilot) casting

Taissa Farmiga and Ed Westwick have both been cast in this intriguing sounding show. While it is only in pilot stages, I hope it'll get a series pick up. It's a crime show and the first season is supposed to revolve around the hunt for a couple who are Bonnie and Clyde-esque serial killers. While I am not sure who Taissa Farmiga will be playing, Ed Westwick is said to play the "Clyde" part of the Bonnie and Clyde inspired couple. I am excited to (hopefully) watch it this fall.

What are you obsessed with this week?

3 comments:

  1. All of the covers of The Lunar Chronicles books are simply beautiful! I love how it represents whose retelling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinderella was such a lovely movie! And did you stay for the credits? Lily James did a beautiful rendition of A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. Absolutely beautiful!

    AND YES WINTER. I'm so excited, I can't hide it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?! NO! I need to go back and re-watch it now just for the credits! That is amazing.

      Delete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...