Saturday, April 11, 2015

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOKS

Letters to the Dark by Brigid Kemmerer (goodreads)

The announcement of this one has me REALLY excited. Here is the blurb released in the sales announcement details. It sounds amazing.
Pitched as a grittier version of You've Got Mail for teens, in which a girl copes with her mother's death by leaving her letters at the cemetery, until a boy intercepts them and starts writing back, and soon the two find themselves falling for a stranger--except they're actually classmates who loathe one another.
Love that it's one of those hate each other at first but fall in love after actually getting to know each other. I am all over this when it releases. No release details are currently available but I think it's 2016.

The cover for The Girl Who Fell by S. M. Parker (goodreads)

I am not sure what caught my eye about this cover other than I love the minimalist look, and that the title of the book is inside the artwork itself.



It's certainly eye catching and I am very intrigued to learn more about the book that will be inside this cover!

TV/MOVIE

Aquarius Promo

I've been obsessed with this show since it was announced. I am VERY intrigued by this promo. The video is country blocked so I will replace it with one that is viewable to everyone when it becomes available.




I love David Duchovny's final line and am liking the cast and vibe so far. I am looking forward to the premiere even more now.

True Detective Season 2

  

I liked season one. I don't think I was as blown away by it as others, but there is no denying it was compelling. The second season has it's first teaser and I am SO excited. I am happy to see Taylor Kitsch back on my TV.

Doesn't tell us much about the actual plot, but I am looking forward to seeing Rachel McAdams in a grittier role than she normally plays.

Seth Meyers Invites Jon Snow To A Dinner Party


SPOILERS FOR GAME OF THRONES



This video is HILARIOUS! Jon Snow is basically the worst dinner party guest ever. This little sketch has plenty of spoilers for the TV show/books but if you've seen the show already, it's pure fangirl bait. Jon's vehement protestation that "Winter is coming" got me giggling and I didn't stop laughing until the end.

OTHER

Pop Goes The Reader's Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda event/Candlelit Desserts Etsy Shop 

This shop was first brought to my attention thanks to Jen from Pop Goes The Reader. She is having a truly fantastic event to promote Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda (GO READ THIS BOOK IMMEDIATELY) and part of the giveaway she is holding is Oreo cookie shaped soaps from this shop. Be sure to check out the giveaway! While visiting her website, be sure to say hello (she's awesome) and check out her other posts about this amazing book.

This shop has super cute candles and soaps in fun dessert themes. She also does custom orders so you can personalize it! It would make a great gift for anyone in your life that loves sweets. Check out the fantastic Etsy shop and prepare to want to purchase everything.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...