Saturday, July 18, 2015

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

I See London, I See France by Sarah Mlynowski 

This was just announced this week on the Publisher Weekly website and it sounds ABSOLUTELY amazing.  Books about European travel (complete with sexy European boys) are my weakness. There is pretty much no quicker way to bait me into needing to read a novel. This one sounds like such a 'me' book.

Here is the blurb in the Publishers Weekly announcement
in which 19-year-old Sydney decides at the last minute to have the summer she's longed for: traveling through Europe with her best friend. But while they dodge (and chase) boys, drama, and their own personal demons, Sydney falls head over heels for a guy she can't have.
Love the slightly older than most YA characters (so perhaps some more sexytimes) and that I am not sure where in Europe they'll be travelling. Hoping it'll remain a surprise until I actually read the book. There is no Goodreads link yet, but keep an eye out to add this one to your to be read list.

Hearts Made Of Black by Stephanie Garber (goodreads)

I've mentioned this one before but some more details were released and it has only increased my desire to devour this novel immediately.
The first in a series about two sisters bound by love and a father they fear, who escape their tiny, secluded island for the wondrous performance of Caraval, where the audience plays along in a deadly game of determining what's real and what's fantasy, and where only one sister might be brave enough to take the chance to forever escape their dark pasts.
Pitched as Night Circus meets Sleep No More. 
Pretty much everything about that blurb has me dying to read this. I love that it is focused on sisters, and the mention of Night Circus has me very intrigued. I'll be keeping an eye out for more details of this one while the long wait until Fall 2016 begins.

TV/MOVIE

Suicide Squad Trailer 

Two words ... Harley. Quinn.


Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn has me VERY intrigued after seeing this trailer. I am also less apprehensive about this movie now. The trailer is actually pretty decent, and the last few moments with Jared Leto's Joker are terrifying. It's pretty clear that this is going to be the Harley/Joker show and with good reason - both actors seem to have delivered stand out performances (if the trailer is anything to go on).

The Affair Season 2 Promo

 I really enjoyed season one of The Affair. In particular it's use of the dual narration. I loved that her version of events was different than his version in sometimes subtle and sometimes glaring ways. The second season seems to promise lots more drama to come!


They also released the promo poster which promises four sides to the story (so that means Cole and Helen's version of events will become part of the narration, too)


No official air date has been announced yet (that I can find), but it'll be sometime in the fall! Really looking forward to seeing what twists and turns await in the second season.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...