Saturday, August 1, 2015

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

Cover of Tell The Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan (goodreads)

This novel has been on my radar since I first heard it described as A Tale Of Two Cities with magic. Immediately sold. This stunning cover only makes me all the more eager to read it.


Pretty, right? I cannot wait to read this one as I expect it's going to be really good.

TV/Movie

Trailer for Room

I read Room by Emma Donoghue and remember it leaving a lasting impression. It's one of those books that you just don't let go of easily as it leaves you examining it for days after you've finished it.

The movie based on the novel is going to be released this October 16th and it looks fantastic.


This trailer is pretty much perfect. It seems to capture everything from the book. I am hoping it's just as memorable as the book it's inspired by. The casting seems to be perfect, and so much of it hinges on them getting Jack right, and they seemed to have gotten a fantastic little boy to play this role.

If you're able to attend this year's Toronto International Film Festival, be sure to check out Room there as it's one of the movies scheduled for viewing.

OTHER

Real Life Disney Princes

Who hasn't imagined what those charming Disney Princes would look like in real life. Artist  Jirka Väätäinen has created stunning illustrations that show what they might look like as part of our world. The results are, of course, insanely good looking.

Buzzfeed has all of the portraits posted so rush over there and take a peek. I'll wait....

Helllooo, Prince Eric! Oh, and hi, Beast. Yeah, they're certainly YA inspiration worthy. Someone needs to write them into a fairytale retelling immediately. Let me know in the comments which guy is your favourite.

Side note- doesn't John Smith look at a lot like Jason Lewis?

What are you obsessed with this week?

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea they were making a movie of Room! I hope they do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope they do the book justice too. I am optimistic after seeing the trailer. A lot of what I vividly remember from the book was captured in the trailer. We should do a blogger night at the movies to see it!

      Delete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...