Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Missing Dixie by Caisey Quinn



Missing Dixie by Caisey Quinn
Release Date - October 27, 2015
Publisher Website - Harper Collins
Publisher Social Media - Twitter/Facebook/SavvyReader/Frenzy
Pages - 336 pages
My Rating - 4/5
**received for an honest review from publisher**


**SPOILERS FOR PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES**

Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Fighting for redemption…

I've lived most of my life in darkness, beneath the shadows of secrets and addictions. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt the only girl I'd ever loved-the one who brought me into the light. In my entire life I'd made one promise-a promise I'd intended to keep. I've broken that promise and now I have to live with the fallout. Dixie Lark hates me, and I have to tell her that I love her. I also have to tell her a truth that might destroy us forever.

Can she love me even if she can't forgive me?

Learning to move on…

Gavin Garrison broke his promise to my brother and he broke my heart in the process. I may never love anyone the way I've loved him, but at least I won't spend my life wondering what if. We had our one night and he walked away. I'm finally beginning to move on when my brother's wedding and a battle of the bands brings us back together.

Our band is getting a second chance, but I don't know if I can give him one. How do you hand your heart back to the person who set it on fire once already? 
If you read my reviews for the previous books in this series you'll know how much I enjoy this series. Caisey Quinn has crafted an addictive love story in a world that is just as addictive. This is one of those series that you want to immediately know how it ends without it actually being over. In Missing Dixie she gives fans the perfect ending to the story that started in Leaving Amarillo and offers up more than a few surprises along the way.

The agonizing wait for the continuation of Gavin and Dixie's love story is one fans have been vocal about. The ending of Leaving Amarillo is brutal, and heart crushing. Loving Dallas offered no peace of mind either. Missing Dixie shows exactly why this had to happen. We needed the events of the previous two novels to get Gavin and Dixie to the point we find them at during Missing Dixie. They each needed to work on themselves before a relationship could be possible between them, and that is what Missing Dixie is about. It's about these two people growing and changing and hopefully finding their way to each other in the process.

Caisey Quinn is quite adept at making you feel the same feelings as the characters. You feel their heartbreak, their frustration, their joy, and happiness. She, through her writing, let's you take the journey with the characters. It's one of the strongest elements of her writing, and it ensures the connection to the characters is felt. It makes you invest in the outcome of the story and the invest in the characters themselves.

Music is a secondary character in this entire series. It's a living, breathing thing that consumes all of them. It's how they relate to things, how they express themselves, and something that binds them together. It's a force all on it's own, and one that is woven into everything. Music has the ability to move people, and that passion is felt here.

This novel, like Loving Dallas before it, is one of second chances. It's not just a second chance for Dixie and Gavin to get things right between them, but for the band too. Leaving Amarillo is just a much of a mess as the relationship between it's members. It's a sharp look at second chances and what it takes to move forward from the past. Having both the band and characters go through similar story arcs raised the stakes for both and made things just a little more complicated which added some urgency to the plot that I really enjoyed.

Calling Gavin and Dixie's relationship complex would be phrasing it mildly. Therefore, it is only fitting that their love story have an ending that is every bit the roller coaster their relationship is. Their own version of happily ever after is perfect for them. It's an ending that is just as complicated, just as hopeful, and just as right as the relationship between Gavin and Dixie.

Caisey Quinn wraps up this fun, sexy series with the perfect ending for this story in more ways than one. The wait to see how Gavin and Dixie's love story would end was made all the more worthwhile because of how satisfyingly their stories were wrapped up. If you like your books with music, steamy sexy scenes, and humour you'll love the Neon Dreams series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...