Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday .... Midnight At The Electric


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is Midnight At The Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
Kansas, 2065 Adri has been handpicked to live on Mars. But weeks before Launch, she discovers the journal of a girl who lived in her house over a hundred years ago, and is immediately drawn into the mystery surrounding her fate. While Adri knows she must focus on the mission ahead, she becomes captivated by a life that’s been lost in time…and how it might be inextricably tied to her own. 

Oklahoma, 1934 Amidst the fear and uncertainty of the Dust Bowl, Catherine longs for the immortality promised by a professor at a traveling show called The Electric. But as her family’s situation becomes more dire -- and the suffocating dust threatens her sister’s life -- Catherine must find the courage to sacrifice everything she loves in order to save the one person she loves most. 

England, 1919 In the recovery following World War One, Lenore tries to come to terms with her grief for her brother, a fallen British soldier, and plans to sail to America in pursuit of a childhood friend. But even if she makes it that far, will her friend be the person she remembers, and the one who can bring her back to herself? 

While their stories spans thousands of miles and multiple generations, Lenore, Catherine, and Adri’s fates are entwined in ways both heartbreaking and hopeful. 
I was surprised to discover that I had not included this as a Waiting On Wednesday pick. Jodi Lynn Anderson is one of my most favourite writers and I am so excited that she has a new young adult novel coming out.

This comes out this summer so it is not even that long of a wait, and I am eager to devour my ARC as soon as I have a break in my reading schedule.

Expected release date - June 13, 2017

4 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by this author before, but the synopsis sounds absolutely intriguing! I'm definitely going to check this book out, so thank you for sharing :D Happy reading!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany

      Thanks for stopping by! I love all of her books and recommend Tiger Lily if you are wanting to read one by this author while you wait for this to be released!

      Delete
  2. Ooo, I didn't know this author was writing a new book! She is the same one that wrote Tiger Lily, right? I've heard a lot of good things about Tiger Lily. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Kathy. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyssa,

      Yup, she is the author of Tiger Lily! That is one of my favourite books and I highly recommend reading it if you haven't yet. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...