Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Best I've Read In 2017 (so far)


July marks the midpoint of 2017. After I spent some time freaking out about how fast this year is going, I remembered that it meant it was time to share my annual post detailing my top ten list of best books I've read this year ... at least so far. I love doing this because it lets me see how much has changed (or stayed the same) by the end of the year. It also allows me to see which half was stronger in terms of books I loved. I am hoping it also allows my blog readers a chance to sneak in some of these titles before the end of the year!

1. The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord

I feel like an Emery Lord novel will never let me down. I continue to love and adore each book she releases and the characters that she creates. This is a novel that will make you cry, but in a cathartic way. It's the type of books that destroys your heart, but heals it too. It's one that should be on the list of every reader who loves YA contemporary novels.

2. There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

This Scream inspired novel offers chills, romance, and the classic Stephanie Perkins character development. This is a love letter to teen slasher films with more than a few pulse pounding moments. It's one best not read at night as it'll leave you jumping at every noise within your house, and questioning every misplaced item in it.

3.  Midnight At The Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Jodi Lynn Anderson's beautiful writing will leave you mesmerized, and her ability to interweave three different narratives into one cohesive story will leave you in awe. This is the type of novel I could read over and over and find some new detail within it.

4. Becoming Bonnie by Jenni L Walsh 

This novel takes the focus away from the infamous Bonnie and Clyde and instead offers the story of the young woman who would become Bonnie. This story will make you see a story you think you know in a different light, and probably leave you wishing history could be rewritten in the process.

5. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

Angie Thomas's novel has received plenty of (well deserved) praise. It is not only well written, but is also one of the most thought provoking novels I've had the chance to read. It is one that stays with you long after you've finished reading, and one that, I feel,  belongs on reading lists in schools.

6. Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy

Julie Murphy's books always have amazing characters at their heart. Ramona's story is no exception. You will fall in love with her, her family, and her friends. You will also fall in love with her story. It is a story of a girl finding out who she is, and redefining who she is on her terms.

7. Caraval by Stephanie Garber 

Reading this novel is like being swept away into a magical world. Stephanie Garber takes us into her world of magic, whimsy and romance and I pretty much did not want to leave. I cannot wait for the sequel and to return to this enchanting world.

8. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne 

Funny, sexy, and a delight to read. This novel is one that leave you happy and for that reason alone it is worthy of multiple reads. This 'from enemies to lovers' romance is a perfect choice for those looking for a little spice with their romance.

9. The Gentleman's Guide To Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee 

A novel that completely surprised me in the best possible way. I knew I would love it, but I didn't expect it to tackle the topics it did with the weight and care it did. I got so much more than the fun European set romp I was expecting and I am so glad I did.

10. The Upside Of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli 

This is a story for all those who always feel that their crushes are unrequited. It is a story of taking risks, and not standing in your own way. It also is a happy making, grin inducing read that is entirely charming. If you loved Becky's debut novel, do not miss this one.

2 comments:

  1. So many of these are on my TBR! I absolutely cannot wait to get to read There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about so many of these! I really want to read Te Gentleman's Guide, I think I might buy a copy soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...