Thursday, September 21, 2017

Podcasts I Currently Love


I have mentioned in my Weekly Obsessions posts that I have recently become pretty obsessed with podcasts. They've pretty much changed my work day and have become something I look forward to each day.

I wanted to highlight a few of the podcasts that I've come to love, and hopefully get a few recommendations in return! I am going to need some for the inevitable time I catch up on the ones listed below.

My Favourite Murder (link)


This is really the show that got me into podcasts. I had heard almost everyone talking about how great this podcast is and how funny Karen and Georgia are. I expected a true crime podcast that would scare me and what I got was so much more. I can relate to Karen and Georgia a lot, and find this podcast rather therapeutic. It may sound strange, but it is 100 percent true. Their blend of humour and true crime hits all the right notes, and I love hope open both of them are about so many things in their lives. Come for the true crime but stay for the chemistry, laughs, and thought provoking insights. 

Hollywood And Crime (link)


This is more of a story format podcast in that they are unraveling a tale for the listener through multiple episodes. It's extremely well done, and will captivate you from the first episode. This first season is looking a deep look at the infamous Black Dahlia case by also looking at other murders that happened around the same time that could be linked. Their second season will wrap up their Black Dahlia series and they have already announced that they will focus on Charles Manson next. 

The Shipping Room Podcast (link)


If you're looking for something a lot lighter than those previously mentioned podcasts, I recommend this fun one! Tamar and Christine share two of loves - shipping and wine. It was inevitable that I would stumble across this podcast dedicated to all things shipping. If you're a TV shipper and are looking for a fun, inclusive space to talk about your favourite ships I recommend downloading a few episodes immediately. This podcast also had a high level of listener inclusion so it really seems like a community in a lot of ways.

Hey YA (link)


This podcast is VERY new as it only has one episode currently. It is, however, part of the Book Riot family and I enjoyed the first episode quite a bit. I am excited that there is a podcast focused on YA novels and am eager to see what others topics they'll feature. If you're wanting to try something that doesn't have a huge backlist of episodes to catch up on and you love YA be sure to check this one out!

36 Questions (link)


This last podcast is a musical told in three parts. It is the story description from the podcasts website is:
 'a couple attempts to bring their marriage back from the brink of divorce using 36 revealing questions designed to make strangers fall in love. '
It features Jonathan Groff and Jessie Shelton (both of whom have amazing voices) and is perhaps the most unique of the podcasts I have listened to. If you love musicals I consider it very much worth a listen. 

Are you into podcasts as well? Which ones do you listen to on a regular basis? Anything I should be listening to? Let me know in the comments. I am really excited to learn what everyone else is listening to so I can check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...