Saturday, March 10, 2018

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Happy weekend everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying it. I have a few things to share that made me excited this week, and you should check them out for yourself.

BOOKS

BEA Buzz Books

I may not be attending BEA this year (I am attending ALA in New Orleans instead) but I am always excited when they release their Buzz Books for the upcoming conference. 

This year the Buzz Books in the Adult and YA categories are:  

Adult

    Maid, by Stephanie Land (Hachette Books, December 2018
    Ohio: A Novel, by Stephen Markley (Simon & Schuster, August 2018)
    She Would Be King, by Wayétu Moore (Graywolf Press, September 2018)
    Small Animals, by Kim Brooks (Flatiron Books, August 2018)
    The Real Lolita: The Kidnapping of Sally Horner and the Novel that Scandalized the World, by    
    Sarah Weinman (Ecco, September 2018)
    There Will Be No Miracles Here, by Casey Gerald (Riverhead Books, October 2018)

YA

    Darius the Great is Not Okay, by Adib Khorram (Dial Books for Young Readers, September 2018)
    The Girl King, by Mimi Yu (Bloomsbury Children's Books, October 2018)
    Girls of Paper and Fire, by Natasha Ngan (JIMMY Patterson, October 2018)
    Sadie, by Courtney Summers (Wednesday Books, September 2018)
    The Similars, by Rebecca Hanover (Sourcebooks Fire, January 2019)

You can check out Publishers Weekly for more info. I am going to immediately look up the synopsis for each of these books to see which ones I am most interested in.







TV/MOVIES

Call Me By Your Name Sequel Announced

It was recently announced that one of my favourite movies of 2017 is getting a sequel! Elio and Oliver will reunite in a currently untitled sequel to Call Me By Your Name. The cast and director are rumoured to already be attached to the sequel. I am so excited, but also scared. I do not want it to ruin the first movie because I love it so much, and sequels are always tricky. I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now, and look forward to seeing a trailer.


OTHER

Disgraceland Podcast (link)

I am always looking for new podcasts to listen to and I came upon this one thanks to the recommendation of my podcast app. It combines my love of true crime with music which immediately made me curious so I downloaded the three episodes currently available. 


I instantly subscribed after listening to those three episodes, and look forward to the rest of their first season. The host has a great voice and it offers up a unique narration in terms of how the story is being told. You should be prepared to immediately Google the cases featured in the episodes to get more details (especially if you are not already familiar with them). I also happen to love their logo! A zombified Elvis is a fun touch (and they will be selling pins of the logo on their website soon).

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...